Sunday, April 19, 2009

Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse

Because this blog is about drinking I feel that I should at least address the topic of drinking too much. I personally feel that there is way too much talk about "alcoholism" in today's society, namely the media. Alcoholism itself is the actual physical dependence on alcohol, which is not common for the majority of people. Most people refereed to as alcoholics suffer from alcohol abuse, they actually have no real addiction to alcohol, it is all mental in their case. This can also be bad but in this case the problems come from the person them self and not the alcohol.

I personally like drinking and for a lot of people I would actually encourage drinking, it is relatively safe (when drinking intelligently), fun, and can be something to actually improve your life in a variety of ways. Now I would not encourage someone to drink in order to "fix" something, that is the root of most people's alcohol abuse. But when you drink to be social, or have fun, or just to get away from normal; that I would consider to be a good idea. Drinking socially can help you to have a fun time which will make you an overall happier person.

Also to go along with the rest of my blog I often talk about binge drinking and ways to drink large quantities in a short period of time. You will notice that when I talk about these things I always mention how they are great WITH FRIENDS, which I feel is a completely good reason to do these things, and in moderation even binge drinking is ok. What is not ok is drinking large quantities by yourself, but to go along with that, you don't see many people that do keg stands alone.

My last sentence there is my real point of what I am trying to say, binge drinking is fun because it is done with friends and in many cases is an alright thing to do. True that sometimes even that becomes a problem, but as long as your life is about other things and drinking is just a social thing you do sometimes then drink on my friends, and drink one to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment