Friday, April 17, 2009

Homebrewing a.k.a. Beer Brewing By Yourself

Today I would like to share a hobby of mine with the reader out there, that is making my own beer. Now for this post I don't want to just explain the process of how you do it (you can find that here, here, or a stupefied version here) . Making your own beer can be quite rewarding and is not very difficult. Actually if you work at it and take your time you can make some $10-six-pack quality beer for about $0.50 a bottle, not a bad deal. The fun thing with homebrewing especially comes though from experimentation and making what you want to drink. I have been brewing since I was 16 (not as actively then because we had to be sneaky) and now make my own beer regularly. All my friends are impressed with how good my beer is and are always interested in trying new batches.

So if you have any interest in this I would highly recommend to try it, if you don't like it that's ok because it really isn't that expensive. Making your own beer can be a way to save some money and make the beer that you want to drink but can never find. Like the 8% abv, pale ale I made a couple months ago. It could get you drunk with only a few bottles and tasted as good or better than Sierra Nevada PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment