Monday, June 1, 2009

Blogging Tips and Tricks

Well I now have been writing How to Drink a Beer for 3 months or so now so I felt that I should have a post to reflect on the experience and to share my blogging advice for others to learn from.

From what I have learned people like list formats of things so that is how I will do this.

1) Write about what you like - I like beer so that is why I write about it. Writing about something you do not truly like will most likely cause you to get bored and stop.

2) Don't get discouraged - At first you will find very few readers and it will take a lot of time and work to get your blog out there, but don't give up. Take your time and write interesting content and people will read it.

3) Keep new content up consistently - This does not mean you have to do a new post everyday (though that is good) but don't go a long period of time without a post, even if it is just a short little post your readers will appreciate it and it will help you grow your blog.

4) Don't blog to make money - I use adsense ads on my blog but that is just in hope that someday I will make money, but I do not get many clicks at all and really don't expect to ever get that many, but it would be nice. Still money is not the reason I blog, it is because I enjoy what I write about, you should write for that reason too.

5) Network with other bloggers or guest blog for another blogger - This can get you a good amount of traffic for the day the post is put up and can get you a few legitimate returning readers, which should be your ultimate goal

So those are what I have found helpful with creating How to Drink a Beer. I would love to hear what everyone else has done to help build your own blog. What has been you key(s) to success?

No comments:

Post a Comment