Tuesday, June 9, 2009

America's Oldest Brewery

Well for anyone interested my trip was awesome. Had a great time and would encourage anyone interested to visit Myrtle Beach, only be warned it is more family oriented than I expected. Still great golf and some good places to have a drink

While on my trip I discovered what people in the southeastern US "the south" love to drink, Yuengling. Yuengling is the oldest brewery in America, established in 1829. It is also quite a large volume brewery, though I never see the stuff where I live in the Midwest. They make around 8 varieties but the only one that you will find without searching is the lager. It is actually quite a good beer too, and down there it is generally cheaper than bud light or other common American beer. It is brewed in Pennsylvania where it has always been located.

My main experience with this medium bodied lager with a clean hop finish was golfing. It was a great addition to golfing as it is satisfying and not so light that you drink so much that you can no longer swing right. When I golf though, I like to have the taste of beer in my mouth a lot, and Yuengling was the answer to that need.

So if you are even in the eastern or southern US I would suggest that your first beer you order at the bar be a Yuengling, as it is the perfect beer to be having there, and at How to Drink a Beer we are always about having the best beer for the situation, or 10. For more information about the brewery visit their website at http://www.yuengling.com/

What are everyone else's experiences with Yuengling, or drinking in the southern US in general? I would love to hear what you have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment