Thursday, June 11, 2009

Best Place to Drink a Beer in Myrtle Beach

On my trip to Myrtle Beach, SC, USA of all the places I went to have a beer one definitely stood out among the rest. This place was Bimini's Oyster Bar and Seafood Cafe. Being on the beach we choose to go to a seafood oriented place in order to get good food and we discovered a gem. The place is not very big and was full of people having a good time. It was also nice and loud, not always what you want but it makes the atmosphere perfect here.

When we got there we all got a beer to drink while we waited for our table. The beer selection was not enormous but there was a nice array to choose from. I settled for the southern classic Yuengling as it was suggested to me by a local. One we got our table and sat down we looked over the menu and noticed that it advertised an "Oyster Slammer" which I wish I would have had a camera to take a picture of. We ordered a round and waited to see what it was when they came. It turned out to be a slammer glass with 2 raw oysters, hot sauce, and Bud Light. We all took ours down and to be honest it was much better than I expected. Finishing it by taking down 2 full raw oysters was a challenge but overall it was well worth the dollar I paid for it. I really can't explain the taste of it but I will suggest that anyone interested would give it a try.

The food was excellent. A popular item on the menu, which I split with one of my companions that was there is the Steamer Pot, which consists of 6 oysters, 6 clams, and 6 mussels, 1/4 pound of shrimp and a pound of crab legs, all steamed. It also came with corn on the cob, hush puppies, and cole slaw. A very full meal, even when split by 2 people. This entree would probably go best with a lighter beer, maybe a wheat beer would be perfect, but the Yuengling that I had with it was a good complement in itself.

Overall the experience of Bimini's was a great one indeed and the next time I go to Myrtle Beach I will definitely visit there again. I would also suggest it to anyone who plans on visiting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment