Saturday, May 23, 2009

Please Drink Safe

I know I often encourage drinking and write about the joys of drinking in excess, but I would like to make a quick reminder to everyone about it.

BE SAFE AND DO NOT EVER DRIVE WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN DRINKING

I cannot emphasize that message enough, last night an ex-football teammate and long time friend of mine died doing that exact thing. This is one thing I would never hope that your friends have to go through, so please do not be stupid.

I learned about this this morning, actually the call informing me of it woke me up. I would have to say that waking up hungover (last night I had a good time and split a case with a friend, but was driven home by someone who had drank 1 beer, and drank it 3 hours before driving us) and hearing that one of your drinking buddies is unable to ever drink with you again, is a rough wake up.

So please everyone have fun drinking, that's what weekends and especially holiday weekends are good for, but be safe and never, never, never drive drunk.


RIP Larry, you will be missed

No comments:

Post a Comment