Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Ultimate Way to Drink a Beer

Well since the weekend is coming up again I would like to salute my favorite beer drinking vessel, that's right I am talking about the keg. The beer glass of the gods.
Kegs are one of the best ever additions to parties. Not only are they the most convenient thing for the party attendees, a way to make easy money for the hosts, and a way to unite everyone at the party, they are just plain cool.

Kegs are also a way to unite beer drinkers of all ages, they all love kegs. I have been to high school parties with kegs (had to run from the police at more than one of those), college parties with kegs (these are much nicer), family reunions, and last summer I was at a 58 year old man's birthday party and it had, you guessed it, a nice big keg of beer.

My very favorite kind of keg, other than a big one, is a local brewery keg. What better way to feel good about supporting your local economy than getting drunk. Plus by buying it in a keg you save a whole bundle of money. The local brew around me is about $10-12 USD a six pack right now, you can get a keg and though I don't have the math worked out completely, I believe it comes up to just over $1 USD a beer, or about $7 USD for a six pack. Oh and the other thing, it is actually good beer, unlike the watery, crap Busch light that you see most kegs of. Sure you may have to charge a dollar more for someone to buy a cup, but to me it is more than worth it. Paying $6 for all you can drink is sure better than going to the pub and paying $3 for a single glass of beer, and drinking it with your friends, away from the bar is always a better feeling as well.

So for today I would like to leave you with the international kegger cup and hope you all have a wonderful weekend and have an extra beer out of the keg for me.

1 comment:

  1. you can never go wrong with a keg.
    my favorite beer is a free one.

    ReplyDelete